Join hundreds of athletes and celebrities for the corporate world’s fiercest competition as we raise money for pediatric cancer research at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). Inspired by the success of the Entertainment Industry Challenge, the Corporate Challenge was introduced in 2004 for non-entertainment companies to compete in the Malibu Triathlon presented by Bank of America.
There are two distances to choose from:
- Classic Distance: 0.5-mile swim , 17-mile bike, 4-mile run
- Olympic Distance: 1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run
The Classic Distance will take place on Sunday, September 27th. The Olympic distance will take place on Saturday, September 26th. Here are just a few reasons to participate in the challenge:
- Build camaraderie and teamwork among coworkers
- Reach personal fitness goals
- Raise funds for a great cause! The Malibu Triathlon raises over $1 million each year for pediatric cancer research at CHLA. The event has raised $15 million to date.
To participate in the Corporate Challenge, individuals are responsible for the race entry fee plus a minimum of $250 in pledges/donations. Relay teams are responsible for the race entry fee plus a minimum of $250 per athlete in pledges/donations. All donations must be received by Friday, September 4th in order to be counted for team racking and early packet pick-up.
Participants in the Corporate Challenge will receive:
- Reserved registration and team racking in transition area.
- Event t-shirt, hat, and goody bag.
- Reception and private tour at CHLA.
- Fundraising Picnic in Zuma Beach
- Donor brunch entry (with $350 fundraising minimum)
- Swim clinic series (with $350 fundraising minimum)
- Early packet pick-up in Burbank (with $500 fundraising minimum)
- Additional incentive prizes (see Fundraising Incentive Prizes)
There are three ways to win the Corporate Challenge! Teams can compete for the following awards:
- Corporate Living Proof. This award is given to the company that raises the most money for CHLA. The winning team receives a special plaque.
- Highest Average Fundraising Team. The fundraising team with the highest average will receive a plaque and personalized packet pick-up for the 2021 race at their office a week before race weekend. Only teams with 20+ registrations are eligible.
- Tri-Cup. The company with the fastest times will be awarded the Tri-Cup. The winning team gets to keep an engraved trophy for a year. Times are tallied for each time using the 10 top athletes per team (top five male and top five female). Teams must have at least 10 finishers. Teams must have at least 5 female finishers.
Note: If your company participates in the Corporate Challenge, you are still eligible to win an award in your age group/division.
- Team spots must have been registered by June 1, 2020.
- Teams must have paid for their spots by June 1, 2020.
- Corporate Challenge athletes must register at: http://bit.ly/EICCC2020.
- Relay teams may have one athlete complete two legs of the race.
- Relay teams may be all female, all male, or mixed.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A huge thank you to our current corporate teams!